Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a borrowing privilege available through the library for those with a valid KCLS library card. This service allows customers to borrow materials or copies of articles that are not available though our regular library catalog from other libraries including public and academic libraries.
KPL customers who use interlibrary loan must be a registered borrower in good standing at KPL who reside or own property in Kenosha County. Customers from other Wisconsin counties are no longer permitted to submit interlibrary loan requests through KPL. Users from another county should submit their interlibrary loan requests through their local library.
Requests for ILL can be submitted in person at any Information Desk or by calling (262) 564-6130. You can also use WisCat, the shared interlibrary loan network with access to library materials in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the Dakotas. WisCat allows a simple or advanced search and an easy to use request interface.
When requesting items through ILL, please note the following:
- Requests for items that are held in our library catalog will be converted to local holds.
- The loan period for ILL materials is three weeks with no renewals, unless a shorter loan period is specified by the owning library
- The charge for overdue ILL materials is $1.00 per day.
- You will be charged the retail cost of replacement for lost or damaged ILL items, with a minimum of $50
- Interlibrary loan items cannot be renewed.
- You will be notified when your item is available.
Delivery of Interlibrary loan items can take from 1-8 weeks, depending on the location of the item, its availability at the lending library and the lending library’s response time. Some items may not be available for borrowing. Allow adequate lead-time if you need your material by a certain date when making a request. ILL staff will notify you if your request cannot be borrowed. Please call Interlibrary Loan at 262-564-6130 if you no longer need the item requested.