Computer Use Agreement
As a user of a Public Access Computer Workstation, I understand that:
- I will use the computer workstation in a manner consistent with the purpose and mission of the Kenosha Public Library.
- I may encounter inaccurate, offensive, disturbing and/or illegal material.
- Viewing or printing pornographic or obscene images at the Library is inappropriate.
- Failing to use the computer workstations in conformance with Kenosha Public Library Policies, Procedures, and Rules of Conduct may result in revocation of computer workstation privileges.
- If I am under 18 years of age, I have received parental permission to use the Internet.
- I am responsible for the sites I visit.
- Disabling or circumventing the Internet filters will cause me to lose my Internet privileges.
- I will pay for material I print. See Costs on the Printing @ KPL page.
- Software may not be downloaded on library computer workstations.
- I will use only my current library account number to log on to a "Sit Down" computer.
- Using someone else's card will result in a loss of computer access.
- I will log off the computer workstation when I am finished.
- "Sit Down" computers will automatically log-off 15-mintues before the library closes.
Free WiFi @ KPL
KPL offers free WiFi connections at Southwest, Northside, Simmons, and Uptown locations. There is no time limit for the free use of our WiFi connection.
- Set your laptop wireless adapter TCP/IP property settings in Control Panel to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Connect your wireless adapter to the Library’s wireless network. The network name (SSID) is “Kenosha Public Library (Public)”.
Computers @ the Library
All library computers:
- Can search the SHARE Catalog for books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- Can access to the Digital Library and Internet.
- Can print in black & white and color.
- Are available on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Have filtering software. This will prevent some websites from being accessible.
These computers have a 15-minute limit and do not require a library card.
"Sit Down" Computers:
These computers have a 2-hour per day limit and require a library card. Guests may obtain a guest pass any service desk. Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) is also included with these computers.
These computers can be checked out at the Checkout desk and have all of the same stipulations as the "Sit Down" computers. Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) is also included with these computers.