You are here
Get A Library Card
- Get started online by filling out the online form
- Stop at the checkout desk at any KPL branch.
- Present identification with your picture and current address.
- If your picture identification doesn’t have your current address you may present it along with one (1) of the following items:
- utility bill
- rent receipt
- current postmarked mail
- magazine subscription
- school report card
The item presented must have your current address in order to be accepted by the Library staff.
- If you would like to print a form to fill out and bring it into the library with you click here.
NOTE: New library cards are provided at no cost, however, there is a $1 charge for a replacement card.
- We encourage you to change the pin number/password to something you will remember.
- Select the My Account link on this page.
- Click on “My Account”
- Enter your library card number, password/PIN, and then click “OK”
- Click on "Personal Data"
- Click on “Change Your Password”
- Enter your old password
- Enter your new password
- Confirm your new password by entering it again
- Click “OK”
- Your new password is entered into your account
- View your library account by using the Internet. You can renew or reserve items, create save lists, and have items sent to the library of your choice.
- Use the Internet at the library for 240 minutes per day.
- Get e-books, audiobooks, videos, and magazines from home via Overdrive, Hoopla, and Zinio.
- Access articles from research databases via Badgerlink.
- Ask for a password/PIN when you apply for a library card. If you already have a library card, stop at the checkout desk, give the staff your library card number and ask to have a password/PIN.
- Call (262) 564-6101, give the staff your name and/or library barcode number and ask for a password/PIN. If you have indicated your email address when applying for a library card, your password/PIN can be sent to you by email.
- Yes, every two years. If you have an email address on file, you will be sent an alert that your card information needs updating. If you do not use email and you come into the library, staff will notify you within 30 days of the expiration date. You can update your card in person by showing photo ID and verbally verifying your address. Parents may vouch for their children using their photo ID. You may also update your card over the phone.
- Yes, the KPL computer system is secure and your information is considered confidential by law and policy. For more information on the library's Confidentiality policy, please visit https://www.mykpl.info/confidentiality
- All persons applying for a library card.
- A parent, legal guardian, or authorized caregiver may fill out the application if the person is present and unable to do so themselves.
- All residents, adult and juvenile, of the city and county of Kenosha.
- Non-residents who own property in the city or county of Kenosha.
- Non-residents may pay a $50.00 annual fee for a library card.
- Patrons of a library with which KPL has a reciprocal borrowing agreement.