Youth Services staff will present a traditional storytime program with books, songs & rhymes, and flannel board stories. Staff can also present a storytime with an increased emphasis on digital media, such as e-books and apps. 30 minutes.
Digital App Petting Zoo:
Youth Services staff bring iPads (3-4) and lead small groups in trying out our favorite learning apps. 60 minutes.
- Storytime Plus Science: Youth Services staff will share some books about a science concept and lead your class in hands-on science activities. 45 minutes.
- Storytime Plus Art: Youth Services staff will share a picture book and lead your class in an art activity related to the book. 45 minutes.
- Storytime Plus Music & Movement: Youth Services staff will share some books and lead your class in music & movement activities related to the books. 30 minutes.
Growing Strong Readers
Growing Strong Readers is a preschool and daycare program modeled on the "1,000 Books before Kindergarten" program with a goal of reading 5 books a week in the classroom.
Youth Services staff will bring classroom materials for the Growing Strong Readers program and present a series of 3 storytimes:
- Welcome Storytime - Youth Services Staff will introduce the program to your class and present a storytime. 45 minutes.
- Anytime Storytime - Youth Services staff will present a storytime with books and activities based on the early literacy practices of play, sing, talk, read, and write. 30 minutes.
- Graduation Storytime - At the completion of your goal for the year, Youth Services staff will present a graduation storytime and donate a book for your classroom. 45 minutes.