Skip to main content
You are here
Connect to Books and Authors
Websites for Book Lovers
Book News, Reviews, and Information
- Award Web - Provides lists of literary awards with the emphasis on science fiction.
- Book Page - News and reviews of new and upcoming books.
- Book Web - Official site of the American Booksellers Association. Covers news and issues in the publishing industry.
- BookWire - Provided by Bowker, this site includes book industry news, author interviews and biographies, and links to other resources such as publisher home pages and review sources.
- FictionDB - Provides information on books and authors, sorted by genre. Genres covered include suspense, romances, westerns, and speculative fiction. Includes lists of new releases, reviews, series lists, pseudonyms and links to other author, publisher and reader sites.
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN/SAN) - Provided by R.R. Bowker which is the independent agent for this system in the U.S. Includes detailed information about the ISBN numbering system and how to apply for one.
- 150 Bestselling Books - USA Today's list of the top 150 bestsellers, updated weekly. Includes, fiction and nonfiction, hardcovers and paperbacks. A brief description is provided and reviews are found for some of the top books.
- Oprah's Book Club - From Oprah's official web site. Lists the most current selection as well as all of her past selections and discussions.
- Publisher's Weekly - Online version of the magazine.
- The Gumshoe Site - Includes news in the world of mysteries, award information, and links to authors and organizations.
Science Fiction and Fantasy
- SF Site - Includes a large number of reviews as well as author biographies and interviews, awards and links to related sites. Emphasis is on books but also covers some audio books and TV shows.
- Hugo Award Winners - The Hugo and the Nebula are the two biggest awards for science fiction and fantasy. This provides lists of all the Hugo winners and even provides the nominees back to 1980. Includes links to similar listings for the Nebula and other awards.
- Locus Online - Web version of the magazine that calls itself "the newspaper of the science fiction field" and is a major source of reviews in the genre. Includes some articles and reviews taken from the magazine as well as news in the field.
Book Series Information
- What's Next - Lists series titles in order. Allows search by author, book title or series name but is very fussy about format. Slight errors in format will prevent you from getting results. Provided by the Kent District Library.