You are here
Bookmobile and Book Truck Services
Bookmobile is off the road for Spring Break on April 2 - April 8
Columbus Park & Mt. Carmel, 10-11:30 AM
Kid's Castle, 2:30-4:30 PM
Timber Ridge (book truck), 4-5 PM
Caterpillar College, 9-10:30 AM
Bridges Community Center (book truck), 10-11 AM
Growing Green, 10:45-11:45 AM
Curtis Strange School, 3-4 PM*
Nash School, 4:30-5:30 PM
A Place To Grow, 9:30-11 AM
Wheatland School, 11:30-12 PM (1st & 3rd Wednesdays)
Brighton School, 11:30-12pm (2nd & 4th Wednesdays) *This stop is temporarily suspended.
Wilson School, 3-4 PM*
Strawberry Creek, 4:30-5:30 PM
Busy Bee's Child Care Center, 9-10:30 AM
St. Joseph Academy- Upper, 11 AM - 1PM*
Brass School, 3:45-4:30 PM*
Horizon Park, 5:15-7 PM
Rec Plex, 9:30-11 AM
EBSOLA School, 12:00-1:30 PM *This stop is temporarily suspended.
YMCA, 3-4:30 PM
*These stops will occur on regular school days only and will be on hiatus during the KUSD year end virtual transition. Please call 564-6190 if this change will effect your ability to use library services.
School and Family Outreach Services
Teacher & Schools:
Teacher Cards: Your teacher card will allow you to check out an unlimited number of items for six weeks, and you can renew any of the items for another six weeks if there are no other patron holds.
Virtual Visits: Virtual visits by the Early Literacy Librarian (appropriate for ages 0-5) or School Aged Librarian
Bi-Weekly Materials: Bi-weekly library delivery: an assortment of fiction and non-fiction reading materials
Assignment Requests: One-time materials request for assignment specific materials (i.e. biographies, voting)
Digital Resources: We offer a very robust digital library: https://www.mykpl.info/digitallibrary
Free access to TeachingBooks.net via WI Badgerlink: https://www.teachingbooks.net/
Easy online teacher request form here: https://tinyurl.com/y6z74nh5
Kids & Families:
Curbside & Library pick-up: Any KPL cardholder can place holds by phone or online. Library staff will pull items for easy and convenient pick up. Youth Services 564-6150 & Adult Service 564-6130.
Bag of 10: Mix it up and get a custom bag filled with movies, books, or music. The possibilities are endless! Personalized bags are available for patrons of all ages. Youth Services 564-6150 & Adult Service 564-6130.
Family Reading Club: We choose a book, provide the copies to borrow, & lead a discussion, 564-6150.
Developmental Toy collection: Ignite learning through play!
Library of Things: Board games, cake pans, tablets, electronics and more!
BRAND NEW! brainfuse Get online homework help, writing lab assistance, test prep, video lessons, and study tools for all ages. Library card required: https://www.lakeshores.lib.wi.us/brainfuse/login.pl
- Bookmobile items that were checked out from a school stop prior to Safer At Home may return items to any public library in Kenosha or Racine County or directly to your school. KPL will arrange pick up of library materials from your school.
- Patrons can place holds on all SHARE catalog materials for pick up at the Bookmobile. It's so easy and convenient, ask a KPL staff member for assistance.
- Items checked out at the KPL Bookmobile can be returned to any KPL Branch or SHARE Library location.
- Should weather conditions or mechanical failure force cancellation of any stop, due dates will be adjusted accordingly to prevent overdue fines.
- Emergency cancellations are announced on the Kenosha Public Library website and Facebook page.
- If a school or preschool is closed for any reason, the scheduled stop will be canceled.
- If you have any questions, call the bookmobile office at (262) 564-6190.