You are here
The Bookmobile is brought to Kenosha County residents through the Kenosha County Library System (KCLS). City stops are provided by the Kenosha Public Library (KPL). Stops are weekly – check the current schedule for your stops.
KCLS is funded through State and County taxes. KPL and the Community Library are members of KCLS and provide many cooperative programs. Through an agreement between the KCLS and Lake - shores Library System, library users from Kenosha County may use libraries in Racine and Walworth Counties, and users in Racine and Walworth Counties may use public libraries in Kenosha County.
Materials checked out on the Bookmobile may be returned to any KPL branch, the Community Library, or any library in the SHARE system. Materials not available on the Bookmobile may be reserved from other KPL locations, online at www.mykpl.info, or may be requested through interlibrary loan.
The Bookmobile schedules stops in Kenosha County except in the towns of Salem and Randall and in the villages of Silver Lake, Paddock Lake, and Twin Lakes, which have their own joint library.
Should weather conditions or a mechanical failure force cancellation of any stop, renew materials online or call the Bookmobile office at (262)564-6190 for assistance. Emergency cancellations are announced on the Library's website and Facebook page.
- The Bookmobile will be back on the road with the Summer schedule on Saturday June 10 at HarborMarket.
- The Bookmobile will be off the road the following dates:
- 4th of July, off the road: Tuesday July 4.
- Summer Maintenance Shutdown, off the road: Monday August 28 - Monday September 4. Back on the road Tuesday September 5.
- Should weather conditions or mechanical failure force cancellation of any stop, due dates will be adjusted accordingly to prevent overdue fines.
- Emergency cancellations are announced on the Kenosha Public Library website and Facebook page.
- If you have any questions you may call the bookmobile office at 262-564-6190