You are here
According to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, “the mission of The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is to make kindness the norm™ in … schools, workplaces, homes & communities," therefore, kindness does not seem like an inconvenience to someone, rather than being normal for them to do. The week of February 14, 2021 to February 20, 2021, is designated as National Kindness Week, however, on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, the National Random Acts of Kindness Day takes place. Random Acts of Kindness Day or known as RAK, is where it is encouraged to have the “pay it forward mentality,” and make kindness the “norm” in someone’s life.
Different Types of Random Acts of Kindness that you can do include:
- Help someone struggling to carry their grocery bags.
- Stop to assist someone who looks lost.
- Let someone cut in front of you in line.
- Pay the toll or the meal for the car behind you.
- Write a thank you note to your mail carrier.
- Pick up a piece of litter on the street and throw it out.
- Buy a warm meal for someone in need.
Go out there, perform a Random Act of Kindness and help spread the love, anyone could be needing it today. You will be inspired after seeing how an act of kindness, no matter how small, can change someone’s life, or even yours. That feeling of helping others not only feel great but will leave you wanting to help more people, and to make a difference in their lives.