You are here
Today is the big day! All Kenosha Public Library branches will be open for in-person library services and we are just thrilled to welcome you back. Things look a little different but here are some helpful tips to prepare you for your visit.
- Temporary Hours:
Southwest & Northside Libraries
Monday - Saturday 9 AM - 3 PM In-Person 9 AM - 5 PM Curbside
Sunday 12 - 4 PM In-Person & Curbside
Simmons Library (In-Person)
Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 8 PM
Friday 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM
Uptown Library (In-Person)
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 2 PM
- All visitors must wear a mask. Please come prepared to wear your mask, covering both your nose and mouth, for your visit to the library.
- KPL Team Members are all smiling behind their masks and happy to help! You may see team members not wearing their masks if they are alone in a closed office.
- Should you be exposed to or test positive for COVID-19, please don't return your library items until you yourself are cleared by your physician to return to social settings. We'll be glad to extend your due dates for as long as it takes to keep our library materials as clean and virus-free as possible. Simply give us a call at 262-564-6100.
- We have a limited capacity at all the buildings. Our larger branches have large digital signs in the lobby that will tell you just how many more friends we can let in at the moment. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we create the safest environments for all our guests.
- The children's spaces are a bit different. Our youngest guests may have questions about where their favorite toys have gone. We currently have removed shared toys from the floor. We look forward to being able to phase some of our toys back into public use in the future. Don't forget we have plenty of toys you can check out from our developmental collection to bring the fun home!
- Computers have been limited to one hour. Some computers have secure printing installed that provides you with a code to release your prints once you get to the printer. No more worrying about someone else accidentally picking up your papers!
- Meeting rooms are not available yet. We are turning the dial one notch at a time and are looking forward to returning to hosting great events for you in the library. For now, keep an eye on our website for all the amazing free programs you can join virtually! If you visit the Southwest Library, be sure to check out our new Activities Room! We used some of our closed time to create a beautiful new space to hold programs in soon.
- Curbside is still available! We've just moved it away from the door into identified parking spots. We recognize that this great service provides access to some of our patrons who are unable to enjoy coming into the branches. We are happy to expand our services to better serve you.
We will continue to provide you information through our website, newsletters, and social media to keep you up to date on library services and resources. Please feel free to direct any questions to Brandi Cummings at email@example.com or 262-564-6113.