Kenosha Public Library Rules of Conduct for Our Library Patrons
The Kenosha Public Library has adopted these rules of conduct to provide a safe, comfortable environment and a worthwhile and satisfying library experience for all our patrons. Library patrons are expected to follow all Library policies, including these Rules of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the Library and/or loss of Library privileges.
Applicable Laws and Ordinances
We expect all our library patrons to abide by the laws of the United States and Wisconsin and the ordinances of the City and County of Kenosha while at the Library. Vandalizing, destroying, mutilating, and stealing Library property are illegal, pursuant to City Ordinance No. 40-85. We have instructed our staff to call the police and report any suspected violations of the law.
Rules of Courtesy
For the most effective use of the Library, we expect our library patrons to observe normal rules of common courtesy. Library patrons who are not courteous to others will be asked to stop their discourteous behavior or leave the Library. Discourteous behavior which will not be tolerated in the Library includes: Interfering with other patrons’ ability to reasonably use the Library.
- Interfering with other patrons’ ability to reasonably use the Library.
- Abusive or threatening language or actions.
- Interfering with other patrons’ reasonable expectations of privacy.
- Failing to keep personal and/or explicit activity, information, and images private.
Prohibited Activities at the Library
- Smoking or vaping.
- Bringing food or uncovered beverages into the Library, except in lobbies and Activities Rooms
- Use of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Leaving children under age 9 unattended
- Failing to wear shirt or shoes (very young children excepted)
- Making loud or disturbing noises repeatedly
- Using skates or skateboards, or scooters on Library premises
- Bringing animals, other than those used as service animals, into the Library
- Harassing patrons and staff